Monday, February 8, 2010

Blog Journal - Brainstorming

1) Identify core concerns by making a “menu” of them. Pick the big emotions and make list in a journal. What makes you angry? What are you afraid of? What do you want? What hurts? Or consider turning points of your life. What really changed you? These will be areas to look for stories whether or not those stories are autobiographical.

Emotions:

Anger
Insecurity
Sadness
Depression
Joy
Excitement

What angers me is people who don't have a positive outlook on life and those who refuse to continue to learn, thinking they know it all.

I'm afraid of dying in my sins and not being right with Jesus. That's why I'm daily at the mercy of him, no matter how ashamed of my actions I am.

What hurts is people who don't understand where I'm coming from.

Turning points in my life that changed who I am was the murder of my older brother, the isolation of my best female friend during my senior year of high school and maturity through age in general.

1 comment:

  1. You've got good journals, Michael, but there aren't enough of them. One a week is all you need to do to stay on top of things!

    ReplyDelete